August 28, 2018
EMS Shockwave Therapy
It is almost a year since Theale Well Being Centre introduced the EMS Shockwave Therapy for a wide range of conditions including
- Rotator cuff tendinosis
- Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Plantar fasciopathy
- Tennis/Golf Elbow
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive capsulitis)
- Patella Tendonitis
- Calcific Tendinitis
- Shin Splints (Medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS))
The number of patients we are seeing with a wide variety of conditions has been building and we are pleased to be able to offer this therapy. We often see patients who have tried other treatments, particularly for a chronic conditions, but are still in pain/discomfort.
The Swiss DolorClast® Method is a clinically proven therapy for the treatment of musculoskeletal pathologies. Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) is the application of Shock Waves in medicine.
It is clinically proven that pressure waves, when applied to injured tissues, stimulate metabolic reactions, in less technical terms it encourages the body to heal itself. These reactions include:-
- Reduction of pain felt by nerve fibers
- Increased blood circulation in surrounding soft tissues
- Beginning of healing process triggered by stem cells activation
If you would like to discuss any health problems that may be helped with shockwave therapy call us to make an appointment with one of our specialists.