May 19, 2017
Clearanail fungal nail treatment
You may recall that last year we introduced the award winning SWIFT verruca treatment to the practice in view of its reputation as the most effective method of treating verrucas. This year the podiatry and chiropody team at The Theale Wellbeing Centre are excited to be adding yet another new fungal nail treatment to their ever expanding suite of services.
Many people suffer from fungal nail infections which can leave toenails discoloured, thickened or crumbling. While there is medication available to help fight the infection there can often be side effects that deter GP’s prescribing them. Topical solutions can be effective but are usually unable to get to the fungus which usually sits on the nail bed itself underneath the nail.
To overcome this problem our team are now using a system of Controlled Micro Penetration which safely and painlessly allows our podiatrists to get the anti-fungal agents under the nail and into direct contact with the fungus.
Typically the treatment will consist of three appointments:-
- Initial assessment including confirmation of likely fungal infection of nail.
- Nail sample taken to confirm fungal infection.
- Nail preparation usually including gentle reduction of the nail
- Photograph to help assess progress
- Clearanail treatment involving painless drilling of tiny holes into infected nail
- Instructions on daily treatment protocol for best results
2nd appointment (week 8)
- nail reduced
- Photograph comparison
- Drill further holes if necessary
3rd appointment (week 16)
- review with additional photo
- Treatment ends.
For more information about the Clearanail system please contact us at the Theale Wellbeing Centre and speak to one of our podiatrists or vivit http://www.clearanail.com